- The proper name for snot is mucus.
- Mucus coats the inside of the nose and other parts of the body to stop them from getting too dry.
- Mucus acts as a barrier to stop dirt and germs from getting into the body.
- Body systems
Spark a discussion
- What are the two main jobs of mucus?
- Why do we produce more mucus when we have a cold?
- What do you think would happen if your body stopped producing mucus – or produced too much of it?
Explore our resources
Complete your lesson with teaching resources on the disease from Tigtag.
Go to Tigtag