- Earwax is produced in the ear canal.
- Earwax traps dirt and dust, carries particles out of the ear, and moisturises the skin of the ear canal.
- When people chew or talk, the movement of the jaws helps push wax out along the ear canal.
- Body systems
- Human body
Spark a discussion
- What is earwax?
- Why did people hundreds of years ago mix earwax with paint powders?
- What are the three main jobs of earwax?
Explore our resources
Complete your lesson with teaching resources on the ear from Tigtag.
Go to Tigtag