- Sifaka lemurs have long back legs. This adaptation helps them to climb and jump through trees.
- The sifaka lemur's long back legs prevent it from walking on all fours like other primates.
- To move across the ground, sifaka lemurs leap on two legs.
Spark a discussion
- Where does the sifaka lemur live?
- How has the sifaka lemur adapted to living in tall skinny trees?
- How does the sifaka lemur move around?
Explore our resources
Complete your lesson with teaching resources on adaptation from Tigtag.
Go to Tigtag