- A fully grown male polar bear can weigh as much as eight human adults.
- Polar bears use their paws to spread their weight evenly over the surface of the ice, which helps them travel across the ice without falling through it.
- Polar bears use their powerful limbs to swim for long periods of time and cover great distances.
Spark a discussion
- How are polar bears able to move across ice without falling through it?
- What other features allow polar bears to survive in their natural habitat?
- Imagine you're designing a vehicle that can travel over ice without falling through it. What would your design be like?
Explore our resources
Complete your lesson with teaching resources on the role of the environment from Tigtag.
Go to Tigtag