- Polar bears use their paws to spread their weight evenly over the surface of the ice, which helps them travel across the ice without falling through it.
- Polar bears use their powerful limbs to swim for long periods of time and cover great distances.
Spark a discussion
- How do polar bears survive in cold temperatures?
- What techniques do polar bears use to get across ice?
- Why would polar bears need to be good swimmers?
Explore our resources
Complete your lesson with teaching resources on the role of the environment from Tigtag.
Go to Tigtag