- The main ingredient in steel is iron, which is found in a type of rock called iron ore.
- Iron ore is melted together with carbon to make steel.
- A mixture that contains one or more metals is called an alloy.
- Steel is an alloy of iron and carbon.
- States of Matter
- Properties of Metals
Spark a discussion
- Where is the metal iron found?
- What is mixed with iron to make steel?
- What is an alloy?
Explore our resources
Complete your lesson with teaching resources on properties of materials from Tigtag.
Go to Tigtag