- Astronauts have to exercise for 2 hours a day to counter the effects of weightlessness on their bones and muscles.
- The ISS has three pieces of specially adapted gym equipment: an exercise bike, a treadmill and a machine that simulates weightlifting.
Spark a discussion
- Why is it important for astronauts to exercise in space?
- What effect does weightlessness have on the body?
- What exercise equipment do astronauts use in space?
Explore our resources
Complete your lesson with teaching resources on mass from Tigtag.
Go to Tigtag