- The great grey owl has excellent eyesight and hearing, which it uses to hunt for food.
- During the winter, the great grey owl listens for prey beneath the snow.
- The great grey owl's hunting abilities help it to stay well fed through the winter.
Spark a discussion
- What senses does the great grey owl use to hunt for food?
- Why is it more difficult for the great grey owl to hunt for food in winter?
- Why is it useful for the great grey owl to glide silently through the air?
Explore our resources
Complete your lesson with teaching resources on food chains from Tigtag.
Go to Tigtag