- Agama lizards are mainly insectivores, which means they eat insects like ants, crickets, and flies.
- The agama lizard's tongue is covered in a sticky mucus which makes it easier to catch flies.
- Agama lizards hunt the swarms of flies that gather around sleeping lions.
- Food chains
Spark a discussion
- What does the agama lizard eat?
- How does the agama lizard catch insects?
- Why does the agama lizard hunt near lions?
Explore our resources
Complete your lesson with teaching resources on food webs from Tigtag.
Go to Tigtag