- Conservationists are reintroducing Tasmanian devils from Tasmania to mainland Australia in order to save the species from extinction.
- Architects are planning to use 3-D printing to create permanent buildings on the Moon for astronauts to live in during future space missions.
- Fake sea turtle eggs with tiny internal GPS trackers have been produced to help track down turtle egg poachers and protect endangered sea turtles.
Video viewing guide
This graphic organiser supports your students to capture their thoughts and questions as they watch the news update.
Spark a discussion
- Why do you think Tasmanian devils have such pointy teeth?
- Tasmanian devils are a type of animal called a marsupial. Can you name any other examples of marsupials?
- As well as Tasmanian devils, what other animals only live in Australia?
- What challenges do you think humans will face when trying to construct buildings on the Moon?
- What other objects do you think 3-D printers can create?
- Would you feel safe staying in a 3-D printed building on the Moon?
- What have you learned about sea turtles?
- Which other animals around the world do you think poachers might target?
- GPS systems are used in all sorts of technology. What technology might you own that contains a GPS system?
Use these resources to get the most out of the news update and engage your class in topical science!