- Scientists are researching whether an antivenom pill can be developed to protect snake bite victims from life threatening injury.
- NASA have designed a new spacesuit that is currently undergoing tests in a giant underwater tank.
- Conservationists are repurposing old smartphones with special software to help protect the rainforest from logging.
Video viewing guide
This graphic organiser supports your students to capture their thoughts and questions as they watch the news update.
Spark a discussion
- Have you ever seen a venomous snake?
- Why is it important for snake bite victims to get to hospital quickly?
- Why do you think people in poorer parts of the world are more likely to get bitten?
- Do you like the look of the new spacesuit?
- Why are NASA testing the new suit in an underwater tank?
- What materials do you think spacesuits are made from?
- Why is the Amazon rainforest under threat?
- Why do you think the rainforest canopy is the best place to set up the smartphones?
- Would you donate your old smartphone to a conservation project like this one?
Use these resources to get the most out of the news update and engage your class in topical science!