- Scientists are sending spider-like robots to explore the surface of the Moon and map the inside of volcanic lava tunnels.
- COVID-19 lockdown restrictions saw global carbon dioxide emissions decrease by 7% last year. Now, experts hope emissions can continue to fall if we alter our behaviour in certain ways.
- A pair of baby golden lion tamarins have been raised by zookeepers in New Zealand, before being reintroduced to their parents.
- Climate Change
- Covid 19
Video viewing guide
This graphic organiser supports your students to capture their thoughts and questions as they watch the news update.
Spark a discussion
- The Moon used to be home to active volcanoes, does this surprise you?
- Why do you think the lunar exploration robots have a similar design to spiders?
- Can you think of any other machines that take inspiration from animals?
Carbon Emissions Drop
- Why did carbon emissions fall last year?
- Can you think of a way your life changed in the last year that may have reduced your carbon emissions?
- Do you think carbon emissions will continue to fall this year, or start to increase again?
Golden Lion Tamarins
- Where do golden lion tamarins usually live in the wild?
- What have zookeepers been doing to help look after the baby tamarins?
- Do you think being a zoo keeper sounds like an interesting job?
Use these resources to get the most out of the news update and engage your class in topical science!