- A rare alpine dingo puppy has been rescued after apparently being dropped by an eagle.
- A company is using 3D printing to build a house from natural, reusable materials.
- Due to an unusual natural phenomenon, a beach in Finland has been covered with balls of ice which look like huge eggs.
Video viewing guide
This graphic organiser supports your students to capture their thoughts and questions as they watch the news update.
Spark a discussion
- How do you think dingoes are different to pet dogs?
- Why do you think Wandi’s rescuers didn’t release him back into the wild?
- Do you have DNA? What kinds of information does your DNA carry?
- What advantages do you think 3D printing has over other methods of house building?
- Why do you think the team first built smaller structures, before building a full-sized house?
- What questions do you have about the 3D-printed house?
- Why are the ice eggs so smooth and round?
- Why is it relatively unusual to see ice eggs?
- What’s the most surprising thing you’ve ever seen in nature?
Use these resources to get the most out of the news update and engage your class in topical science!