- Temperatures in the Arctic have been much higher than usual, and this is affecting sea ice formation.
- The first ever lightning-tracking satellite has been launched into orbit, and will provide scientists with up-to-date storm information.
- Cockatoos have been observed making tools out of a variety of different materials.
Spark a discussion
- Why might the loss of Arctic sea ice affect the local wildlife?
- Why is information about lightning activity useful?
- Why are Figaro’s tool-making abilities so impressive?
Discover more about the topics covered in this week's News update
Explore our resources
Complete your lesson with teaching resources on Tigtag.
Go to Tigtag