- The Global Seed Vault in Svalbard, Norway, contains seeds from more than 5000 plant species. It is designed to keep the seeds safe from natural or man-made disasters.
- Students from around the world have taken part in a competition to design, build and drive an eco-friendly car that runs on as little fuel as possible.
- A rescued sea turtle called Big Don has been released back into the wild, highlighting one way that conservationists help to protect wildlife from human activities such as fishing.
Spark a discussion
- Why do we need a safe, secure place to store seeds?
- Why is it better for a car to use less fuel?
- How do human activities affect sea turtles like Big Don, and what can conservationists do to help?
Discover more about the topics covered in this week's News update
Explore our resources
Complete your lesson with teaching resources from Tigtag.
Go to Tigtag